Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Birthday Circuit

As Jonathan puts it, I'm finally done 'milking my birthday'. Okay, okay, is 3 parties really excessive? 25th is a big one, right? =)

Anyway, my cake with the family consisted of strawberries, and general Chinese bakery yummy-ness. My sister said I'm almost 30, which is so not true. I think my friends would agree that mid-20s last until 29, at least.

The birthday dinner with friends in GTA was at the Pickel Barrel at Yorkdale. Even though I made reservations and confirmed 2 days before, they still made us wait for 40 minutes before we were seated. We got free appetizers and desserts out of it though, so I guess that's okay. In general it was great to see how different groups of my friends can mingle, and really how much we all have in common (besides knowing me!). Good food, massive portions.

Last night was Part III of the birthday celebrations, and I had a potluck with my friends here in Windsor. LOTS of food, really excellent stuff. It was mostly girls, but Jonathan wasn't complaining about that. I guess the company of so many women was well worth the barbecuing duties he had. He also entertained us with his newly acquired Dance Dance Revolution skills. What a guy. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, January is a whole month, and Disneyland declares birthday years, so you could make a good argument to keep the good times rolling.

No one aquires DDR skill you either got it or you don't, it's something your born with. Might be time to nurture this talent, he could go pro.

m_whiz said...

Have you heard of Karaoke Revolution? I'm rather tempted to research that more. The knees may go, but the voice lasts longer - might be a good way to prolong the Revolution pro life.

Anonymous said...

I just heard about the American Idol version, unfortunately there is not enough red in the world to correct my pitch. But sometimes you gotta dance!