Thursday, December 13, 2007

last day

Here I sit, surrounded by a somewhat controlled mess, hoping that the postal deity will let me ship a box home tomorrow, because it is just not all going to fit. You know the bag you buy at the Canex at the end of camp to bring home everything you have somehow accumulated in 8 short weeks? Well, I've been away for 12 weeks, and I'm a lot more high maintenance then I used to be. Plus international shipping isn't going to be cheap. So yeah, I hope everything will work out tomorrow, including exchanging my train ticket, which inexplicably says Dec 18, even though I am fairly certain that I asked for Dec 14 about 3 weeks ago. Ah, the joys and tribulations of traveling will soon be lifted from my weary shoulders, and not a moment too soon.

I made a spreadsheet to see what items will be deniable at customs, in order to make it around the limit of $750. Well, everything with a city name on it is going to be hard to get around. Sold one of my textbooks that I will surely never look at again (at least not by choice). Unfortunately I'm a horder, so there are scrapes of paper that are just too sentimental for me to throw out.

I am slowly coming to accept that this idyllic term of high adventures and freedom from reality is coming to an end. One last hurrah in London tomorrow and Sat. Flying home Sunday.

I already miss this life.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Safe trip home, my dear. And fret not, those little vacations from reality and adventurous travels aren't all that hard to come by!

Anonymous said...

Happy travels! Is there not a way to make "that" life into "this life"? As the Crew Cuts put it: "Life could be a dream sweetheart". Enjoy the last taste of bad taste!

Joshua Wong said...

Have a good trip!