Tuesday, February 17, 2009

love locked down

I heard the song for the first time two days ago.  Admittedly I am not on the cutting edge of pop culture.  Went to Vancouver once again, for Valentine's Day weekend, with a boyfriend no less.  The city never disappoints, and I am reminded why I love it so much again.  Just Stanley Park alone is breathtaking, and combined with an evening with the symphony, sushi, and being in love, what more can a girl want? 

I remember last time I was in Van, October 2005, and I saw this small pink gem frog, and I didn't get it.  This time I went back to look for it, and very nearly couldn't find it again.  Actually, I only found it after buying a bigger, purple one.  I like both, a lot, but it seems like a lesson in waiting for what I really want.  Probably reading too much into frogs.  

I am just a handful of months away from completing my articles.  What's next?  

p.s. I thought 'love locked down' means 'love guaranteed'.  Upon a more careful listen of the lyrics, I think not.  

No comments: