Wednesday, January 11, 2006

rainy days

Settling into the new term, still feeling a little tired, though I must be getting enough sleep. The holidays were just too short and stressful.

Quite enjoying my 20 mins walk to school now. If I take University, I get to walk with lots of students, but if I take Wyandotte, I get to see cute babies with bunny hats going to the pediatrian, and other non-university people going about their business every morning. It's like a little village here. Luckily the weather has been really mild so far, so the walk is pleasant. Mon-Wed, I don't get home 'til 7pm-ish, and though the streets are well-lit, I still don't like walking in the dark alone.

Went to band rehearsal tonight. Hadn't touched my sax in a month, so it was kinda brutal. Plus I can't really hit those low notes. So for the first time I brought music home to practice.

I don't know why I'm just blabbing. I feel kinda in limbo, and not back into the full swing of things yet. Probably won't until I get all my exam marks back. Career Services told us that only 3 students from first year got a summer position at a law firm last year, and that's high. So I really have to evaluate whether I can be one of those 3, or sort out some contingency plan. It'd be nice to go back to Cold Lake one last time...

No comments: