Friday, February 10, 2006

Catch My Breath

So finally handed the damn papers in, and had a cathartic Wal-Mart trip (I know, my life is sad) on Wednesday. Feels good after working almost camp-like hours for two weeks. Now I'm paper-free 'til April.

One week 'til Reading Week. Trying to get caught up in my readings this weekend so I can just coast next week. Plus there's a little something call Valentine's Day on Tuesday, so gotta slot some time for that. I haven't spent Valentine's Day in a relationship in 6 years. Sad but true.

Going home for a weekend on Reading Week, then job shadowing a 29 year old Crown Attorney(!) in London on Tuesday, here for a couple days, then road trip to Michigan with boyfriend (yes, we are sad and unimaginative, and broke). Plans to make oatmeal cookies this weekend. Two weeks ago we made brownies, and it was good.

Going to a Military Studies Conference tonight and tomorrow. The keynote speaker, Prof J.L. Granastein, practically wrote the book on Canadian military history. Should be good.

I killed another one of my goldfish. Fifth one since camp, I think, where I killed 4, at least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murderer

m_whiz said...

cold-blooded, slimey things don't count!

Anonymous said...

what are you *doing* to your fishies?!

over-feeding, i bet... that, or there's some interloper who comes in when you're out and feeds them b/c whoever it is thinks you're withholding the fish flakes.

well... that, or whoever it is thinks you've been abducted by aliens and it's now his/her responsibility to feed the fish, b/c it's the least they can do for you.

gosh, this sounds *familiar* somehow...

-karen

m_whiz said...

k> they eat each other. I'm seriously. I try to get them a buddy, and they end up chewing on each others fins. And then the weaker one dies. So now, it's just one black goldfishy, all by its lonesome.

Aliens, take me! ;)