Friday, August 24, 2007

Science Centre

Even though I was just there in May, I can never resist the geek in me to spend a day at the OSC. The Titanic Exhibit did not disappoint. At the entrance everyone is getting a White Star Line boarding pass, with a mini-bio of one of the passengers. Then you go through various rooms with artifacts and quotes, my favourite being Guggenheim's "We were dressed and prepared to go down like gentlemen". The eerie blue lights casted a glow of despair and doom at the part about the collision with the iceberg. There is an actual 'iceberg' there that you can touch. And at the end is a wall with all the names of the survivors and the lost, and you try to find out if the person on your ticket survived. Very well done. I may have to watch Leo & Kate's version soon again too.


Stardust
You have to go see this movie! And I guess it is a book too, so I'll be reading that.

4 comments:

Julie said...

A good day, all in all, I'd say!

Princess_Nikki said...

I just saw the Titanic Exhibit at the Royal BC Museum and loved it!

I went with my friend Quinn who, upon receiving his boarding pass, said "Damn! Third Class! I'm sooooooo going to die."

I traveled with my husband and not one, but TWO servants. I lived, my husband did not.

It was well put together, and the iceberg was my favourite part.

This is so cool...I kinda feel like we saw it together :)

m_whiz said...

I was a second class passenger who had been mooching off her brother for the last 10 days and can't get married. I survived!

Anonymous said...

oo