Sunday, April 06, 2008

what's next?

In the past couple years, my life has changed for the better come April. From getting into law school (2005), find my first law-related summer job (2006), getting a research assistantship (2007), it has been ridiculously stressful, or I'd have made contingency plans, but everything ended up working out with Plan A in April. I hope that this year will be no exception, and that I will soon be able to say what I will be doing for the next year or so.

On Friday we had a Grad Breakfast, the first in a series of what I'm sure will be bittersweet endings. Tomorrow will be my last days of classes. Wow. I can sort of feel the tip of the iceberg of emotions associated with that, but it hasn't hit me yet. I have been in school since I was 3, and that was a long time ago. And finally, FINALLY, I am going to be moving on to another stage of my life.

I find it hard to be scared or upset during these last couple sunshine days, even though nothing has changed. I find it difficult to sit down and write my last paper, but that's of course nothing new. I have a map of the world on my wall and I find myself staring at it often, wondering what adventures lie ahead for me. I look at my exam schedule, and can barely bring myself to care. Not that it will be a throw-away thing. I know I will do the job, and there is just very little anxiety associated with exams now, after so many years.

So, what's next?

No comments: