Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Adventure

I have scored another year-abroad adventure. Well, okay, no. I'm just going to be living in Edmonton for a year; which, is pretty much another country.

So at the 11th hour, the day after writing my last exam, I got an articling position with a fantastic firm, after a mere 35mins phone interview, with 7 people on the other end. The irony is, I've done 15 interviews already, most of them dressed in my sharpest suits, and the job I get? I interviewed for sitting on my bed, in jeans and a T-shirt.

Now that the stress and decision-making and paper tossing, confirm and re-confirm etc is mostly over, I'm really looking forward to it. I have a few friends out there, and of course the Cold Lake crowd will ease the transition for me, at least over the summer. The work is going to be incredible. Even though I've never seriously considered criminal defence before, it fits with the constitutional/adminstrative/litigation and Charter interest that I have, so it should be pretty awesome. It's not Vancouver, but closer than I'd be from here.

All my friends out West - hope this means I'll get to see you much more in the next year!

p.s. oh yeah, I'm done Law School!

4 comments:

Joshua Wong said...

Wow... Congrats! I guess true to the trend April has proven to be a month of things getting better for you! Enjoy the fruits of your hard work!

walekim said...

Congrats!
Yeah! You are a bit closer to me too.
Perhaps next time I should dress in my t-shirt to go for an interview too.

Princess_Nikki said...

Yay Michelle!!! Yay for fininshing law school and yay for getting a job closer to me! Hee hee...

But seriously, I'm very excited for you, and I'm even more excited that you've found a firm that seems to work for you.

When are you moving? I can't wait to visit!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! You can crash here anytime Edmonton gets to Edmonton!