Sunday, May 11, 2008

confused

For the last couple weeks, I've really be struggling with the decision to move to Edmonton. I don't understand it. I have never been reluctant to go to another city, province, country, continent, to pursue what I think are the best opportunities for my career, academic, military or legal. But with this move out West, I had a really hard time, to the point that I was still taking interviews here after I've accepted the offer there. The merits of the Edmonton job are undeniable. I'm so lucky to get an offer like that this late in the process. It's exciting work, has great benefits, and basically the whole package. So what the hell is wrong with me? Could it be that I am finally tired of bouncing around, with nowhere and no one to belong to (whole different kettle of fish). I guess part of it is that I was really looking forward to finally moving back to Toronto - but what's in Toronto for me? People in Toronto who love me will love me no matter where I am. I haven't been in this city for 8 of the past 9 years. What do I miss, except what it use to be? And even that wasn't the best.

I don't want to bank too much on Edmonton. It will be what it is, a job, and I ought not expect more. To live within driving distance of my stalker is not without its reservations, but let's just hope the rumour mill will hold out for me for a while. Flying out in a week. Another year; what will this one bring?

1 comment:

walekim said...

Perhaps it's the full migration from study to work that's playing games with your mind.