Saturday, May 31, 2008

two weeks in, two weeks 'til

I finally understand what people mean by "I love my job". I used to think that's kooky, but I can honestly say that I am enjoying my work tremendously, despite the 11 hour days. The challenges seems surmountable, and the learning curve not too steep yet. Then again, it's only been 2 weeks, so maybe I'll feel differently once the storm really hits.

I think I like the city, even though it's one of those that makes me feel distinctly non-white, especially in my profession. I was at two work related events last week for dinner, and can't help feeling 'different'. I know I should have gotten over this a long time ago, being in the military and having gone to RMC and all, but I never seem to quite manage.

The two ex's picked consecutive days to try to worm back into my life, but that door is firmly shut. I just can't deal with that stuff anymore.

Got a bike today, so that I can explore the city more easily. Looking forward to doing that when I can find the time. Should have been in the office today, but got distracted with various things. Flying home in two weeks for graduation.

1 comment:

walekim said...

I am glad to hear that you LOVE your job. I hope it doesn't turn into "I HATE it" anytime soon, as it did for me for a while. Now, it becomes "I hope it gets better". Nevertheless, I guess as long as you stay positive, it would be ok. Good luck.