Monday, September 15, 2008

Seriously

If I see one more 'I'm engaged!' or 'We're getting married!' message, I think I am self-combust. Come on, of course I'm happy for my friends, and their blissful togetherness. Of course I wish them every happiness. Of course I wish I had some of that in my life.

I have married friends. Friends expecting babies. Friends with babies. Friends with talking children. I have... my first real job. And yes, it's my choice, and I am happy with it, and I've got to believe that my turn at love and family will come and have not gone.

So to all my pending nuptial friends, I am thrilled for you. Shout from the rooftops and post your pictures. I am so happy for you. Truly.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Marriage is lame.

Princess_Nikki said...

I just got back from wedding 2 of 3 this year. Another one coming up in October. I have 2 on the books for next summer already.

I am also happy for them. Really. But if I hear this one more time...

"OK SINGLE LADIES!! IT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! TIME FOR THE BOUQUET TOSS! NICOLE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE SIDE? YOU'RE SINGLE , YOU SHOULD BE UP HERE!!!!

Seriously, let's draw some more attention to me being an old maid...