Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This Christmas

Do you know that WHAM song Last Christmas?  It's one of my favourites, though I first heard it covered by Savage Garden.  It's not directly applicable to my life right now, but I still remember how that sentiment resonants.  

I've got to admit, lots of Christmas carols make me cry.  Or at least feel deeply. I am talking mostly about the religious ones, but Frosty the Snowman too.  And Little Drummer Boy; but that hardly merits explanation given my thing for musicians.  

Anyway, this Christmas is looking very promising indeed, due almost entirely to a new man in my life.  It's a very easy time of the year to fall, and I'm not particularly keen on catching myself either. It's a situation in which two weeks ago, I'd be like, "I'm sure I've met this guy before, but who is he exactly?" to "I think I love him".  It's Christmas, right?  Let  a little hope flourish.  =) 

No comments: