Thursday, July 02, 2009

My Bike Now has a Basket

I know it makes little sense, but as I was riding my bike last week, I was inexplicably delighted that my bike now has a basket. It just seems to be a sort of small wish that came true that makes things so much better. I got a bike a year ago when I moved to Edmonton, and I wanted a basket for it to carry, primarily, groceries, as my car had not been shipped out here yet then. A wicker type basket was what I imagined. But then the car came, and winter came, and the bike was readily forgotten. In the business of the everyday, those small things that could have brought so much pleasure are soon forgotten. But summer comes almost unexpectedly quickly, dogging the heels of spring. And one day you find yourself in a bike shop filling up the tires again, and the coolest basket appears in front of you. It’s black, metallic and detachable, none of what you imagined, but exactly what you need. And you wonder why you ever waited so long.

1 comment:

walekim said...

A pinkish-white one would be nice too. The next thing you need is a bunch of flowers.

How about a nice rack in the back to carry stuff? I had one with two bags hanging off it. Nice and easy to carry... groceries...