Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Bright Beginning

I have always wanted to ring in the New Year at Nathan Philips' Square, and last night I actually got to do it. It was fantastic! Beautiful lights, friendly/happy people, and (most importantly), someone to kiss as you do the 'five, four, THREE, TWO, ONE!!"

Meeting the family was always going to be a crazy thing, and to put your significant other through that barely one week into the relationship is unthinkable. On the one hand I want my insane family to meet him so they can be happy for me, but on the other, I know that it was going to be quite an ordeal. Due to lack on planning on my part, the whole meet-the-family thing spontaneously imploded upon my date tonight. But it was okay. I just want to thank him for taking it so well. Dealing with my family is something I would never inflict upon another person if it can be helped at all.

All in all, an optimistic start for 2005!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

~Simone

walekim said...

I am glad he did alright with your family. I, for one, knows how much damage families can inflict. That's why in my family, the significant others are rarely seen until when they are about to be engaged.

2005 seems to be great so far. I hope it stays this way.
Happy New Year!