Tuesday, January 18, 2005

slacker blogger

I know it is not a requirement, and certainly not an obligation, but I like to use the frequency of my blogging as an indication of how 'together' I've got my life. And recently, it seems like I have all over the place. Of course, it's okay, I'm not freaking out about it or anything. It'd just be nice to be more disciplined about things, even things we do for pleasure.

My cousin, perhaps forgetting the fact that I work at a bookstore, brought me a Mitch Albom's "Five People You Meet in Heaven" for Christmas. I'd just finished reading Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie" at work (during breaks, I was not slacking), so I was eager to read this one too. It is rare that I finish a book in one sitting, but "Heaven" is such a book. I wonder who would be my 'five people'.

In Good Company
Not as good as I had hoped. It was okay though, I guess. Umm, Topher Grace is cute (yeah, very extensive review, I know)

Golden Globes
I *love* award shows. Sadly though, 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' didn't win. Does this mean now I have to go check out 'Sideways'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya on the blogging and slackin' thing... i've been very slack in terms of blogging too... it seems like i always mean to blog but never get around to it...

i've heard very good things about Mitch Albom's books... i hope to read them one day - maybe this summer...

in regards to your review of "In Good Company", i think u should give it all up to pursue a career in film review... maybe u could get on with Ebert and Roper and make it a threesome show :) ... i'd watch...

- aziz

m_whiz said...

yes, I do think E&R lacks an asian, female perspective. Maybe I give them a call.