Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Thesising, thesising

April. APRIL?! This was the sort of panic that runs through my mind everyday. It's moving along, even at a semi-brisk pace, but I have no idea whether it will actually get done. I mean, I know it will, but I don't know if the self-confidence is delusional or actually warranted. So looking forward to being done.

The Band
We competed on Sunday, and they did very well. I guess it would be accurate to say that they performed 'as expected', but I expected quite a bit, so it was impressive. The judges even clapped after the soloists performed, even though it wasn't the end of the sequence yet, so that was nice. I guess we'll hear the results in a couple days, but that matters... less than I thought it would. I'm just really proud of them. Next project: prepping for Debating Tournament next month.

The Boy
It's like a chronic illness with him - there are some good days, some bad ones. Then there are the great days, and today was one of them. I guess it's only fair that the person who can bring to you the highest high is also the one who can take you to the lowest low. The mantra to surviving this kind of dramatic relationship: expect nothing, so you can be pleasantly surprised. Twisted, I know. Coping mechanism, nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd say it's actually warranted.

-karen :o)

m_whiz said...

wish I have your faith