Saturday, April 30, 2005

Rewriting

I drove to Kingston yesterday, and met with my supervisor for two hours. The upshot is that I am going to have to rewrite (well, at least restructure) my entire thesis. So, that's what I'll be doing the next two months. Oddly, I am feeling calm about it. I don't know if it is just that it hasn't hit me yet, or I am just so disheartened by the whole thing that this total do-over doesn't even bother me all that much.

I booked tickets to Calgary for mid-month though, so at least there is something in my life to look forward to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mich,

'k... keep in mind that "restructure" is completely different from "do-over". so don't be disheartened. at least you have an entire working copy this early... i had abso-freakin'-lutely nothing 'til july/august... so don't feel bad about this AT ALL. This is to be expected; you and your supe will work on this together and it'll be all the better!

hang in there,
karen :o)

m_whiz said...

k> thanks, but the despair is quickly taking over any glimmer of hope. =( Why do we put ourselves through such hell?

y> zero fun tolerance