Friday, April 01, 2005

Hart House Jazz Choir

Wouldn't it be fantastic to be born with a perfectly pitched instrument? I went to my friend's jazz choir concert tonight, and was just completely blown away by what these talented vocalists can do with their voices. I was especially impressed with the director's farewell improvisition piece. I have just never seen improv done acapella before. Very cool.

My sister says that my true calling could be singing... but only if I got a new larynx.

At least I've got my band. We are competing on Sunday, and tonight was the last rehearsal. They look great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming! Next time I see you, I'll lend you one of my old concert CDs and you can hear what true talent lies in my conductor.

Good luck with your band competition!

Joyce

m_whiz said...

j> yeah, that'd be great! Now I must add 'ability to sing well' to my list prerequisites for Mr. Right. ;)

y> newtONE, hehe