Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Of white baboons & the CDC

Finally, a dream to rival Sumyunguy's:

So to start off with, you have to know that it is an episode of The West Wing. However, it has nothing to do with the campaign trail stories the current episodes are bogged down with. Instead, it is more like an episode of The X-Files or Alias. The teaser: CJ and Toby are in Hazmat suits, fiddling with some chemicals inside a lab. Then there was an explosion, and they had to get this biohazard/radioactive material out as the lights are flashing and loud annoying honking sounds go on in the background. There was another pair, one scientist and one child who had some artifical brain experiments being done to her, also escaping from said lab.

The next parts are only sort of in order, 'cuz I can't remember exactly how it happened. The child has some steel brace thing instead of a skull, and she kept screaming about the evils of big oil companies. We are back in the basement of my old house, except there is an extra room added, where one little alien type thing bit a big white baboon and turned into a baboon herself. Various other transformations of aliens into different animals. Then, the cast of The West Wing is back, and Kate Harper (new character from last season) is designated to handle this outbreak along with the Centre for Disease Control, in a meeting taking place inside an airport hangar. Somehow we are at my Law School now, and a lecture ended at 11:45pm, and the next thing I know, it was 12noon. Turns out I never made it home, and slept on a park bench all night. Then, the last part is the real kicker: I had to help my mom turn back into the big white baboon, 'cuz that's what she really is, and my aunt is my real mom. She was unhappy and at physical discomfort being human all these years. So we said a very emotional goodbye, about how we enjoyed our mother-daughter relationship even though it was never meant to happen. Then I had to lock her into that small, extra room in the basement with a huge window. She got ready to tranform, and just as she did, the little white baboon joined her (it wasn't me) and they shattered the glass window and went howling into the night silhouetted by the full moon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was, I think understandably, freaked out. It was 3:30am, and I just wanted to hear his voice. Instead of letting it go to voicemail, he picks up sleepily, reassures me that it's okay, just a dream, and even laughed a little with me about how crazy it was. So I really miss him now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a dream.