Monday, June 12, 2006

Good Weekend

I haven't been back to Toronto since before exams, which was two months ago. So I drove, drove, drove for 4 hours, battling traffic and construction, and got back around 9:30pm on Friday night. It was my mom's birthday, so my sister and I went out to lunch with her on Sunday. It was also Annual Inspection for 110, and going back there to see all my friends, and the cadets growing up impossibly fast, is also a gratifying experience. Lots of alumni returned this year, and it was really nice to see some of my former cadets turn up in junior officer uniforms. I got to present an award and do some promotions, so it's almost like I never left. This was the 11th 110 Annual I've attended (missed the one in 2000), and it's hard not to reminiscence and think about being kids not so long ago, and all the responsibilities we shoulder now. Ever onward.

No comments: