Thursday, September 28, 2006

freaky weekend

We find out whether we made the first cut for Toronto summer job applications next week. I just got a "thanks for your interest, you're on our alternate list to interview" email today, so it's looking a little scary. It's not that my dream is to work on Bay Street - but I'd like the option, you know? Department of Justice (where I really want to be) is only hiring 8 summer students, and, you know, I'm good, but am I that good?! I shouldn't let other people define success for me, but I've also never been much of a rebel. It's like, you can tell me that rank doesn't matter, as long as you give me the rank, you know?

Saturday is the end-of-orientation Carbolic Smoke Ball, and I've managed to convince my boyfriend to go. The event was our first 'date' last year. The one that he took me too, and didn't find out that I had a boyfriend at the time until we were in a cab on the way there. Yeah. =) Anyway, we had a little meltdown a couple days ago, but things are good now, and it's been 11 months, which makes it the longest relationship I've never been in. Sad ('cuz I'm 24!) but true.

Sunday, we are planning on checking out a town in Michigan called Birch Run. Apparently the town is basically a huge outlet mall, with a village that's Christmas year 'round. Shopping is therapeutic and nerve-calming, right?

The way it looks right now, I will be in Toronto for 3 of the 4 weekends in October, between Thanksgiving, a conference planned by my friend at Mac, and a field training exercise for cadets. One of those might have to go, and I'm feeling that it might have to be the last, though it pains me. For someone still on slate, I haven't done much at all for the squadron lately. In my defence, it's 4 hours away.

I'll have news Tuesday, hopefully, good or devastating. Keep you posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. my thoughts are with you, Nikki.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the apps! If it doesn't pan out you can always come work for Marc, Capt and associates, I know its not legal work but damn good FComds are hard to find.