Thursday, January 10, 2008

maybe too optimistic

This is my new room. For my last four months of school EVER, I'm staying in one of the university-owned houses reserved for exchange students (incoming or returning). It's literally a stone's throw from the law school. In case you are weirded out, I'm taking the picture right into a mirror.

I moved back to Windsor on Sunday, and all I've wanted is to not be here. It's really nice to be surrounded by friends/people I know again, but at the same time, I miss the lack of accountability and anonymity of being aboard, and the freedom that entails. It feels weird to 'belong', or at least be familiar with everything. And I'm probably not making matters easier by being all grade-7 about not having spoken to my ex, even though we have a class together. Luckily a class big enough to genuinely-pretend that we just haven't 'had the chance'. Whatever. Four more months, and I'm done like turkey. That's something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"it feels weird to belong"?? hm, i have to think about this when i go home in like ::gasp:: 2 months...

joyce still in rainy NL