Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A New Balance

Sometimes things look grim, but can turn around in an instance. I was attending the welcome/welcome back reception at school for new and returning exchange student yesterday. First, I got a chance to speak briefly about my time aboard. And you know me; if I get to speak publicly, even to an audience of one, I'm happy. But that's not all, I also smoozed with the President of the University, the Dean of Dramatic Arts, and a Prof in Business. But the best part of find a student who is here on exchange, from Leicester! I was so excited, rambling about all the Leicester-specific stuff, and we were both acting like excited chipmunks. It is as if Leicester is this exotic place, where only the two of us have been to, and the utter shock and delight of being able to share that was incredible.

More good things:
1. Through an informant, whose identity must be protected for their own safety, I have been informed that R has changed his status to 'in a relationship'. I am free.

2. J tapped me on my backpack after class today, we exchanged brief words, and I didn't want to die from the awkwardness. I consider that superb.

3. I am flirting with... something, not quite fire, maybe just a little ember, though the wonders of Superpoking. I am a tres nerd, I know.

4. One of my friends from Leicester is coming to visit me in the summer!

Looks like things are going to be alright afterall.

No comments: