Thursday, September 09, 2004

freakin' rain!!

Spent five hours on the 401 today, driving to Kingston and back. Woke up at 6am, left the house at 6:20am, and did not anticipate having to walk in at 9:15am for a 9:00am orientation meeting. The Dean of Graduate Studies was speaking as I walked in too. Plus, there was a two-star general in the room, never mind another whole slew of senior officers. (sigh). I'd bet no one else had to drive in from Toronto though.

On the brighter side, I met the prof who I want to supervise my thesis, and she is really nice. One of my other profs from last year is also the acting chair of the department this year, so that's kinda nice. Two words: Reference Letter!

first years
The frosh looked so young at RMC. Barely older than some of my cadets this summer. Which, come to think of it, is probably true. They are all around the same age. Am I getting old?! Even the upper year taking them around looked young.

frosh reps
The rain was washing the paint off the Queens' reps jumpsuits. How sad is that? Having planned a frosh week, I know how much work goes into it, and how much you pray for good weather. Freakin' tornado - go away!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corbeil! Remember Corbeil? What hilarious times!

m_whiz said...

eeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! *run away screaming, then collapse into rocking fetal position*

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment when i was feeling down... some of those philosophers said some really cool stuff... hmmmm... my last statement seems so brash and inappropriate almost insulting to philosophers by simply calling their insights "cool"... but thanks for helping me feel better! :)

yeah, i look around and it's hard to fathom how young the first year undergrads are now... even in the first year meds class this year, there's a couple of 19 year olds... wow! i feel old but yet people still mistake me for a first year undergrad... that and i still get IDed to get into rated R movies sometimes... i'm pretty insulted but i guess in a few years, i'll appreciate it more...

- aziz