Friday, February 04, 2005

bump

Today wasn't going to be great anyway. The first thing on my agenda is a funeral for a veteran would worked with the Air Cadets since I was one myself. He passed away in Scotland on Christmas Day, and the service was held today. Many, many people flew in, and the church was filled.

However, getting there was a bit of an adventure. First, the urban designer who named Brock St. and Brock Road 6km away should seriously have his lunch stolen during recess. (note: I wasn't driving). So the detour in Pickering en route to Whitby would not be so bad, except while pulling out of a left turn lane at the lights (I know you are not suppose to do that either), the car behind smashed into the passenger side. It wasn't serious, no one got hurt, and it really happened too fast for me to be surprised or scared (I was in the passenger side). We got to the funeral 35 mins late. (sigh)

Mr. Dan Dillon, rest in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i'm sorry to hear about the passing of Mr. Dan Dillon... rest in peace...

i have a big problem with giving the same name for a street and a court, etc. i've seen a Chamberlain Street, court, boulevard, and crescent all in the same neighbourhood... i guess that's not as bad as being 6 km away... hope all's well otherwise...

- aziz