Thursday, February 24, 2005

holding pattern

Can't sleep, even though I have to work 6 hours from now. What's wrong? Not sure. A couple things going on.

1. The holding pattern of my life. Waiting for mail that never comes, freaking out around 1pm every day. Not able to do anything constructive until it arrives everyday, but still no news, good or otherwise.

2. Not quite as nonchalant about my trip to Ottawa for the job this Sunday, because of no news as a fall back plan yet. So it's a bit of do (as in 'impress the interviewers) or die (bum around for the rest of my life).

3. My sister is moving out on Sat, to a rented room across town to start her graphics design program at Humber next week. Living with a thousand nosy relatives is bad enough. Without her here, it's going to be unbearable.

4. My mom and sis had YET ANOTHER FIGHT tonight about her going to school. I try not to get involved, but it is so draining.

5. Got a couple text messages from the boy from the summer. Finally caved and wrote back. Still miss him. A lot.
------------------------------------------------------------
But at least:

-1. My band sounded good tonight.

-2. After tomorrow, taking lots of time off work in March to get this thesis off the ground.

-3. I'm feeling a little sleepier now.

2 comments:

walekim said...

If it makes you feel better, I am sort of in the same boat. It's 3am. You went to Ottawa. Where I am heading next is still unclear. I still miss the brick wall, that apparently is not so cold and strong after all.

If you want to talk or stay away from home, I am always here.

Anonymous said...

wow, look at me... i'm going on a comment spree! sorry for not reading for so long... it seems i developed a short-lived allergy to blogs for a while...

your sister is pretty hilarious... i remember meeting her twice... good times... it's too bad u'll be separated...

maybe u could phone the universities about the interviews? when was word supposed to be out? cause UWO screwed up and never sent my interview letter to me... and then for my acceptance letter, they sent it to the wrong apartment building... damn Canada Post! it never hurts to ask...

hey - the best part is that with this new system i don't hafta worry about remembering to type my name in at the end...

- aziz

ah well, had to - for old times sake...