Thursday, March 03, 2005

He is Here & To There and Back Again

So, in the interest of chronology:

To There and Back Again
Okay, okay, Toronto-Ottawa is no hobbit journey, but it was fun and exciting nonetheless. First of all, getting flown to an interview and having a hotel room paid for is just far too exciting for my student brain. Met lots of people across the country at the Job Fair, though I felt very much like a baby, since people with no full time experience were in the minority there. Still, they are mostly not significantly older, so it was fun. Five out of the six interviews for me went well, I thought. Results next week. With the offers, we have 48 hours to reply. So there is a good chance that I will be deciding the next five years of my life in the next five days, especially since I still have no news from schools. My mom thinks it's better that I work, since one of her friends told her that people who keep studying become autistic. Yeah, don't ask.

Him
And by him, I mean the infamous summer-boy. He texted me today, saying that he is in Toronto. Not for me; his school orchestra is touring here for six days. We texted back and forth for a while, talked twice on the phone for about 2 hours, and... yeah. We are going to try to meet up tomorrow. I know I'm so setting myself up for disaster, but I can't help it. It's like the past 6 months didn't happen. I had no idea how much I missed him until I heard his voice tonight. How can this possibly end well?

The drama of my life.

3 comments:

walekim said...

Good Luck.

andy said...

tell HIM how you feel

Anonymous said...

well, seeing as though i'm reading this late, i know how your interviews went! well done!

i guess since i'm going to be a "life long learner", it's inevitable that i become autistic... haha...

good luck with the guy... doesn't he have a terminal illness or something?