Friday, March 25, 2005

Trouble, Trouble

Newt News

Eeek! One of my newts is missing his right hand! It is just a stump now. I read some of the dubious internet sources of newt care, and have arrived at four possible explanations:
1. The other newt attacked him (they tend to stay away from each other)
2. He ate his own hand (possible, because the species may resort to cannabalism if they don't like what they are being fed)
3. His hand got stuck in the crevices of some larger pieces of gravel, and... got ripped off (!)
4. Infection

I am sticking with the last explanation, and have separated the two into different tanks. Hopefully that will stop the loosing of limbs and digits. On the positive side though, newts can regenerate - so the hand may come back later!

Car
My car window got smashed in the parking lot last night while I was in a band rehearsal. They even left the rock they used in the car. The only thing they took was my sister's purse (no wallet inside, luckily). My sister is obviously unimpressed, and she really took it out on the cop taking the report. Don't worry, no harm done, except, of course, the glass.

Boy
How many chances do you give someone to break your heart? I remember a quote I read being forwarded around a while ago: "Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't make that they don't love you with everything they've got" So, okay.

Last Day
Wednesday was my last day at Chapters, and they brought me a key lime mousse cake! I am really going to miss everyone (well, almost everyone) there. It's been so much fun working there. Now it's just me and the thesis 'til the bitter, bitter end.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg... poor newt... and poor wilson!!

no worries about the thesis, okay? you'll be just fine :o)

Princess_Nikki said...

Fantastic quote (about the boy).

Good luck with the thesis!