Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Slew of Fun

Sebum & Bbm
I came back from our cadet weekend in Borden frozen but content with the progress my band is making towards prepping for competition 3 weeks away, and was given a most splendiferous surprise by my sister. She, in her infinite wisdom and cheek, had bought me a fire belly newt to celebrate my new job. It is really the cutest little thing, about the size of my baby finger. I don't have a webcam to show you a picture, but I'll try to get one. Anything, this thing just has an orange belly, and a dark green body. It is hilarious. And it's got tiny, tiny fingers/toes. We named this one Sebum, 'cuz that's what my sister things Smeagol is called.

But of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone. So that very same thing, I went out to get another newt, 'cuz I was afraid that Sebum would be lonely. Luckily there is a new Chinese aquarium open 'til 9pm on a Sunday, and we picked out another one. This second one has a longer tail, is skinny, and less social in general. And this one, we named Bbm, which is what one waitress at a Vietnamese restaurant muttered as she walked past my sister and I. I have no idea what it means, but it's just become the funniest inside joke between my sister and I. I just got some red gravel for them today, and I build them stuff out of lego to play it. It's keeping me entertain; I hope they are at least mildly amused, staying in one of my model car display cases.

March Break @ Chapters
We run 45 mins programs for these adorable kids everyday this and next week, and so far, I have discovered that if the DND thing doesn't work out, I can always so work as a face-painting circus clown. I draw a mean dinosaur. Today, I also taught 25 kindergarteners how to make a Sponge Bob Square Pants out of pipe cleaners and... a sponge! ;)

1 comment:

walekim said...

I am glad you are having fun.