Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Falls, Beaches, Downtown

Niagara Falls
On Sunday, I spontaneously decided to drive out to Niagara Falls. It was just one of those get-up-and-go things that I don't do enough of. Anyway, it was really nice to be there. I remember going there on the last day of second year with my mom and grandma, before moving home. Then again in the summer after third year, and staying there for a weekend with two of my friends. Sad to report that the Clifton Hill attraction Alien Encounter is gone though. We went through that scary house like a S.W.A.T. team. Not. We were actually so freaked out that we stopped moving, and the ominious voice of the game operator had to tell us to keep moving, 'cuz we were holding up the group behind us. Heh! Good times. Then I was at the Falls again after fourth year, with a guy I was seeing at the time. Anyway, I went up to the Skylon Tower (which I've never been before) and watched the fireworks from there. It was great. Plus, went into a short film in the 3D/4D Theatre, in which they shake your chair and spray water in your face in accordance with the plot. It was fun for the 20 mins, but I don't think I could had taken much more of that interactivity with the screen.

Beaches
I got my sister out of school for some all-you-can-eat sushi at lunch. Then she decided to ditch school, and we went down to the beaches for some tanning and (mostly) window shopping. Love the feel of sand. The watermelon juice and strawberry ice cream were good too, though not so much the iced cappucino from Timothy's. We watched The Perfect Man in the evening. Fun to play hooky, though I understand that it is a pretty regular thing for my sis! ;)

Downtown
Spent the day meandering downtown with an old friend. You know the kind that you can just pick up a conversation from wherever you left off, be it a day or a year ago? And talk about everything or nothing at all? Yeah, I'm really lucky to have friends like that. She'll be going away (far away) for school, and I won't see her 'til Christmas, but I know we'll just pick up from here then.

Happy 21st Birthday to my baby sis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember I've went away, far away before and nothing's changed. That's why phones were invented ;)

Old friend

walekim said...

Today is Saturday,June 25.
A very special day indeed!
Congratulations! Keep it up!
Tommorrow is start for another memorable few months for you. I am sure. Enjoy every minute of it!
Have all the fun you can get before the other kind of fun comes in September!