Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Keg & A First Farewell

Tonight my cadets had a summer camp meeting, and all promotional candidates were debriefed by the staff. Afterwards, the staff went out to The Keg, and we celebrated the end of another training year. It was really nice, and we were there 'til after midnight. It'll be the last time I see most of the staff before we all leave for the summer, and I might not see many of them before I leave for Windsor after camp, so I might not see them for a while. I just realized this as we were standing around in the parking lot, still chatting, as we got into our cars. I didn't want to make it all emotional and stuff, but still, felt a little wistful about leaving the year behind. For all it's craziness, this squadron holds so much memories for me, and this year added so much more. I'm excited about everything to come, but feeling a twinge of melancholy of leaving 'home' behind again.

No comments: