Friday, July 08, 2005

drama

So, you want drama? I've got drama. This whole thing with Rob has just gotten out of control. We can't talk civilly, or interact in any meaningful manner for that matter, and I have no idea why he is trying so hard to deliberately hurt me. I just know that I have to walk away, but it really doesn't help that, just like last year, I see him once about every 3 hours. It's not a big camp, and it is just insanely hard. Like, you know, when you were in high school, and you keep running into your ex in the hallway? Anyway, enough is enough. I have to believe that I can do better.

Being at camp doesn't spare you from the family drama either. My aunt has just demanded that my mom, sister and I contribute to the living expense of my father. She is not asking for an extraordinary sum, but considering that we are living in my grandma's basement, and my mom just started having some commision-based work... I just don't know. Yes, at some point it is my responsibility to take on the responsibilities of the family. But I also want to take the opportunities in my life without feeling guilty.

But at least, I'm very happy with my job this summer, and my friends here are being really supportive. Hopefully things will work out with my leave, so I can go to Vancouver to see my cousin's Shad grad at UBC.

3 comments:

walekim said...

You can do it.

I know you are strong enough for it.

As for your family, just think that in the long run, your contribution should be more than what you would if you don't invest the next 3 years. Don't feel guilty.

I am glad your work is going well. Don't let Rob spoil your enjoyment and achievement at camp. It is tough, in a way, but I did it before, and so can you.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

hang in there, michelle... i know it's hard, but really, don't let what's happening with the boy affect this otherwise rewarding and fun time @ camp :o)

good luck w/the family issues, too.

-karen

Princess_Nikki said...

I'll be there on Thursday. I'll beat him up for you.

Can't wait to see you.