Friday, November 25, 2005

RENT!

I've loved this musical since the first time I heard Seasons of Love (performed at a cadet mess dinner! the poor kid - some CO's idea of after dinner entertainment). Haven't seen it on stage though. Anyway, saw it in theatres yesterday. I had really high expectations for it, and the movie met them, so that's good. Even though rotten_tomatoes didn't think so. Sometimes I make up my mind about a movie before I see it though. I mean, maybe it's all state of mind. I tend to enjoy those movies that I've decided to like. Although, usually I don't make up my mind ahead of time. Not sure that makes sense.

Working on a memo advising a (hypothetical) client on getting an annulment to her reality show wedding. Word to advice, everybody. Make damn sure you like the person you're going to marry. Annulment? Not an easy thing to get. Probably why they made divorce so much easier. A couple weeks 'til exams. I don't think I've written five in the same term since third year. Then, Christmas. This term has flown by.

eta: Happy Birthday snarky_freak!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle! Guess who? Your one and only teacher friend who knew that you'd be my lawyer friend. Hey how's school going? You're with someone new? what happened to the other guy? Man we have a lot to catch up on! I have news for you too, but it should be given over the phone, so call me when you have time. I'm in the process of getting a new cell phone. I'm going to see Rent tonight and I'll tell you how I like it.

Anonymous said...

thanks--i'm having a blast today (so far...)!

-snarky_freak ;o)

andy said...

i liked rent as well i went to watch it with TK!!!