Thursday, August 10, 2006

introspection only kills lysosomes

Today at work I was googling “Non-Traditional Law Careers”. I don’t know why. I’m never been one to deviate from the mainstream or go explore an alternative anything. Never skipped a step, never pulled any punches. Just a good, rule-abiding kid. Never been exceptional or singled out for advancement or development. Just normal.

The thing is, I would never not article,or use my law degree ‘in a variety of other fields”. Give me a break. I paid the bucks and did my time, I want every prestige and reward I can afford.

I looked at the McGill, Western and UT career services websites, and they say to do a ‘self-assessment’ to see where you might fit well. And as I think back, the things that I still define myself by are not that different than in high school. wtf? This is two degrees, a commission, and three cities later. I guess we all start developing our identifies in those turbulent teenage years. And there are things fundamental to us that do not change and blah, blah, blah. I still have faith that I will turn out to be who I’m meant to be, but maybe it’ll take longer than I thought if I haven’t grown all that much than from when I’m 17. Okay, I’d like to think I’m wiser now, and more experienced, and totally not like that frosh who is going to arrive on campus bright-eyed bushy-tailed in 3 weeks, and of course I am sure that I am not that person anymore, but who am I now? I’ve still got two more years of school to go. I like school, but maybe that’s ‘cuz I don’t know anything different, and boring summer experiences are not an indication of anything. I think I can do well in law. I just want to start doing it now. Or never, if that'd not what I'm suppose to be doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.