Monday, October 23, 2006

Not Knowing

I got an email today that says that one of the firms that I met with at the on-campus interview doesn't have the availability to meet with me for a full length interview. It's not that big a deal, because obviously they are eliminating people at every stage of the process. And I'm not even depressed or particularly frantic but the summer job yet. I think I've mostly recovered from Vancouver, and now am just trying to deal with things as they come.

I feel that the bar keeps getting set higher and higher, and I am starting to doubt my ability to keep clearing it. It is not that I have never experienced failure before; of course I have. But now things that really matter are harder to accomplish, and many things are a lot scarier than they are or should be.

Faith is about believing without knowing though, right? So I've gotta believe that it'll be okay, and both sunshine and rain lie always ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad news kid, forcast is for snow.

Just because the bar seems higher just means you need to gossy up a bit more to fit in at it, and the drinks will be a bit more expensive.

You will end up with a fantastic placement where you will write many letters on legal steno pads and will not be able to quantitatively measure the true impact of the placement. You shall succeed.

M

(sounds like a really big fortune cookie)