Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Phantom of the Opera

Most of you know that I would pay money to see a blue screen with puppets in sweatpants sing Phantom, as long as it is sung well. It is my favourite musical, and the score that we played in my last parade as a cadet in Toronto to, and the pieces my squadron band played their freestyle routine to when they won the regional band competition in the following year. So, you could say that this movie was a sure-win for me regardless. But I was not just pleased, I was awed. It was BEAUTIFUL. Hauntingly so. Go see it.

As good as it was though, real life is better tonight. ;)

3 comments:

walekim said...

Yes, it's a nice movie. There seems to be many good movies these days.

Anonymous said...

i've heard good things about this movie... i actually enjoyed the musical... well, we listened to it in grade 8 in music class and i quite enjoyed it...

like Walekim said, there do seem to be a lot of good movies out and though Phantom of the Opera isn't highest on my list to see next, given the good reviews, perhaps i'll consider it more strongly... although, while i'm home in Yorkton, i don't think there'll be many good movies coming through seeing as though the good ol' Tower Theatre only shows one movie at a time... and right now, it's Christmas with the Kranks... ah well...

m_whiz said...

one movie: exactly how big is Yorkton?!