Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Magical Power of Apple Cinnamon Tea

Unfortunately, not as potent as I'd hoped. I am so tired lately, because I'm picking up so many extra shifts due to all the undergrads writing exams. I don't begrudge them, 'cuz I know people made allowances for me when I was going through Mac, but (sigh). Just tired.

thesis
My thesis proposal finally got approved today. No revision required, which is great, but that also mean that they were just dragging their feet in signing off on it. Plus, now they are going to actually cash my tuition cheque. argh! Don't they know I need to buy Christmas presents?! And now that it's approved, I have to do actual work. (sigh)

federal gov't
Got a call from Ottawa yesterday inviting me to stage two of the selection process for the management trainee program. A 6 hour assessment on 'core competencies'. Then, the lady asked if I was bilingual, and somehow through my mumbling about grade nine French and working in a bilingual camp this past summer, she surmised that I should take a French aptitude test. Disaster awaits.

happy thoughts
Whether you are writing exams, papers, stressed about work, stressed about life, getting depressed or getting over an ex, here're my *happy thoughts* to you. Santa will still made the rounds, no matter what else is happening. =)


3 comments:

Princess_Nikki said...

That you for your Happy Thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting your thesis proposal approved!

in regards to your upcoming French aptitude test, all u need to know are the following 4 words which are guaranteed to get u through:

"ou est la toilet?"

that should be more than enough... that's the only thing i ever used to say in French class and hey, i passed...

Anonymous said...

shoot, i never learn... that last comment was me...

- aziz