Friday, August 27, 2004

dog days of summer

I've been home for a week already, but I'm still exhausted. Everytime I open a book, I just fall asleep. It is so muggy and humid here compared to Alberta. I feel really lethargic and useless.

Or maybe the problem is that I'm just really feeling directionless and 'ungrounded' from life. Everyone seems to be returning to more worthy pursuits than I am. I mean, for the first time in, I don't know, 20 years? I'm not going back to school. I mean, I am, but I'm not physically moving to another city like I've done for 5 years now, or attending classes. I don't know if I have the conviction to see this thesis thing through for an entire year. Maybe I'll just be a grad school drop-out. Has a nice ring to it, no?

wedding
Attending a wedding of someone I barely know tomorrow. Not that I mind, it just seems a little strange. I've always thought that people get married in early summer. Of course, my knowledge of matrimony derives primarily from Hollywood, so really, I have no idea. I suppose a late summer ceremony would be nice. I think an autumn one would be even better. Nothing like a Halloweeny wedding. ;)

14-year-old brat
That's what I feel and behave like whenever I am at home. I don't know why I do it, I just can't seem to keep from acting that way. I know it's totally immature, and rationally should be under my control, but really, I don't know. I think living with your parents bring out the worst in you.

congrats
One of my friends just successfully defended her thesis. You know who you are! Mucho kudos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry, man. you'll do just fine on your thesis, and you won't be a grad school dropout :o) you're a trooper, and that's a very important part of the whole process--i.e., that you don't give up easily.

-karen

p.s. thanks!