Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Wedding

It was so beautiful. Even the little haphazardness seemed to add to its charm. Although, if I have things my way, my own wedding won't have those little glitches. Anyway, the whole thing was just so nice - I want to get married! Doesn't even matter to whom, I would just like to participate in the whole exercise. I think it would be fun. ;)

The bride's dad is a pastor, and he performed the ceremony. Then, she played the piano while the groom sang. One line of the lyric was (roughly translated) "I still believe in love that's forever/Having met you is enough". To be fair, it did look like a stressful event for the couple, but the sheer joy was just unparalleled to anything I've ever seen.

At the dinner reception, they played several games with the new couple, one of which was that the bride had to pick out the groom by only his index finger from 10 other guys. And she picked correctly. I don't know - I just thought it was the cutest thing. (yes, the games were all very tame, having at least 5 pastors in attendance and many of the guests were from church) The bride changed 3 times over the course of dinner.

I'm just feeling very lovey-dovey tonight, having witnessed something so beautiful. Has anyone else ever daydreamed about their wedding?

No comments: