Thursday, November 25, 2004

happy day

Today I had the day off work, so I made a pilgrimage to Hamilton. I absolutely love that one hour drive. Every road sign brings back wonderful memories of undergrad. But this little trip also had purpose. First, I had lunch with walekim at the new cafe. Well, it was new to me, 'cuz I haven't been on campus since convocation. Mac has so much money; there are new buildings and signs everywhere, with other projects on the go. Anyway, lunch was nice. It was more than nice. ;)

Then, I went to drop off snarky_freak's birthday present, which proved to be more adventurous then I had anticipated. Turns out that no one in her department really knows where her office is, 'cuz she doesn't hang out there much. So I wandered between the 3 floors of the department, asking every grad student on the way where she could be. I know I could have called first, but then it wouldn't have been a surprise. Even her supervisor didn't know where her office is, so I left the gift in the departmental office.

Next stop, Registrar's Office to check on transcripts. But as luck with have it, I ran into who I was looking for, which was nice. (though I think I freaked her out a little by just strolling down the hall on campus) Transcripts done, I went to visit my supervisor for the student program I ran for two years. Then, I dropped by my thesis advisor's office too. He said that he'll look into getting my thesis published. Of course, he has been saying that for 3 years now, but hopefully something will still come out of it. Last stop, Mills Library to "do some research" to justify my trip. I photocopied some articles.

I miss Mac. The four years had its up and downs, but I can only remember the good stuff. And being back there just makes me hope *that much more* that this law school thing will work out, so I can be back in that kinda environment. I know it won't be the same, but still.

Grand finale of the day: it was the cadets annual banquet tonight, and I got promoted to a full Lieutenant. Promotions were much more exciting as a cadet, but still, happy day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about Mac that u do... i miss it a lot sometimes... it's funny how when u remember things, it's often skewed one way or the other, based on your predominant emotion associated with the experiences... so i only recall the good times too... but that's just fine with me... man, i miss that place... especially all the people and other familiar faces at that place... UWO just seems so much bigger and less personal in many ways... ah well... that said, come to UWO for Law!

so - would i be on your list of people to help u save the day? i have a feeling i know what your answer's gonna be... but keep this in mind before u respond - u'd be on my list!

- aziz

Anonymous said...

congrats on the promotion! well done, dudette!

as for the adventure in CNH (floors 2, 3, and 4), sorry 'bout that. hush-hush awkwardness and all. plus the D-man was a little upset with himself over the fact that he'd forgotten where my new office was. seems he's gotten too used to simply marching down the hall and dragging me by the ear into his office!

great seein' you though...

-karen

Princess_Nikki said...

Congrats on the promotion Michelle!

m_whiz said...

a> wanna be chief surgeon of my field hospital when the end of the world comes? ;)

k> gary *looks* a little rodent-ish!

n> thanks - about time!