Tuesday, November 23, 2004

To the Rescue

A couple years ago, I had this little thought experiment to indulge my ego. I just thought of it again the other day. Play along!

So, what you have to do is imagine that you are asked to save the world (I know, I know! Keep playing!) . Then, you have to ask yourself, who would you ask to help with you? In essense, you are drafting your own dream team, to save the world with you. Obviously an important task, so give it some serious thought. Who would you choose to be your right (/dominant/) hand person? What about the other hand? Who would you trust the children with? Who would be your liasion/public affairs person? Media control? Crowd control? First aid? Translator? See - it's fun! Well, mostly I think it's a telling exercise, about who I trust, what my friends' talents are, and what are my own shortcomings. Do you choose the experts, or your friends? I find it a fun way to evaluate where I stand in my relationships.

Go head, tell me I'm crazy. I would not object.

My sister says that I change in the morning at an incredible speed. I tell her, if only I had a phone booth, I can be a superhero.

4 comments:

walekim said...

Nice simulation exercise.
If I have time, I will do that someday.

I wonder what kind of superheros, if any, other than your friends, you will choose.

You don't need a phone booth to be a superhero.
You are already one, to me at least;)

Anonymous said...

what position would i get? cuz you'd choose me for something right? right? so i don't have many skills useful in saving the world, but i'm willing to do anything. pick me! pick me!

Simone

Anonymous said...

...so... which superhero moniker would you prefer?

-superkai
-batkai
-wonderkai
-spiderkai
-DA KAI

...i can't choose for you!
-karen

m_whiz said...

w>superhero? really? aw, thanks! ;)

s>you are a commissioned officer of the CF - I'm sure we can find some use for you!

k>I kinda like the sound of 'spiderkai'. But if I get to choose a superpower, I'd love to hear thoughts, or be invisible for a while.