Friday, September 02, 2005

pack and go

Wow, did I ever underestimated how much stuff I have to bring! I thought I'd be fine with 3 suitcases. It turns out that 3 suitcases took care of my clothes (note: not including shoes). Okay, okay, so I was, strongly encouraged, to bring everything with me (summer, fall, winter clothing), and I don't have any particular interest in coming back anytime soon. So, lots of stuff: my sax, my trumpet, stationary chest, 2 storage boxes of... stuff, one sports bag of shoes, printer, stereo, rice cooker, diplomas and other stuff to go on the wall, one duffle bag of cadet stuff/uniform parts, etc, etc, etc. Plus laptop, hangers, hairdryer... I just want to be prepared, right? ;)

It's my cousin's birthday tomorrow, so we are going to have a barbecue as a joint b-day/farewell party for him/me. I'm going to aim to leave by 8:30 Sunday morning. Getting excited about school (yes, I know I'm a geek).

4 comments:

walekim said...

Hey, I managed to pack myself when I left with 2 suitcase and a carry-on.

To be fair, I didn't have winter jackets.

Take care, good luck.

Anonymous said...

all the best to you, michelle! and have fun settling in once you get there!

-Karen

Anonymous said...

excited about school?!?! u are a geek! :)

clothes are good! u lawyers gotta dress to impress so 3 suitcases may not be enough... u gotta go out and buy more! more! more! more!!!

Anonymous said...

...are you gonna be playing your sax when you reherse "notwithstanding" clauses and other 20 letter-long words?

Take care, and good luck @ sko.
~Pat