Saturday, September 24, 2005

Yuk Yuk's Comedyfest

As one of our last events for social orientation, the student society organized a Yuk Yuk's night for the first years. I've seen one of these shows before in Barrie, and I was a bit disappointed at this one.

Then again, pretty tough crowd. How do you make jokes about law enforcement, politics, or anything else for that matter, in front of 50 elitist kids who would like to think of themselves as intelligent, socially aware, and law-abiding citizens? It's just a no win situation.

Or have I become one of those annoying people who can't be content telling people that I'm a student, but feel compell to add that I'm 'going to law school'. It's like I feel that I have to justify why I'm still living like a kid, and don't have an honest job like everyone else my age. This is my SEVENTH year of university, and two more to go. I get tired just thinking about it.

1 comment:

walekim said...

Haha, same here. I am so glad that they call my programme Postgraduate Diploma here, and not a Bachelor back where I came from.