Tuesday, June 15, 2004

* fingerprinting *

Today I had an appointment on base to renew my military ID (I know, it sounds cool just to say it). And because I've been an officer for more than two years now (3, to be exact), I am entitled to a permanent ID (rather than the temp one that needs renewal every 2 years). So after posing for a formal, unsmiling picture - which we had to retake because one of my collars were sticking out onto the tunic - holding a little white sign with my name on it (hopefully the closest to a mug shot I'll ever need), on to fingerpaint, er, printing! (for all those shouting bloody murder at those run-on sentences, know that I too recognize their folly) So first it's the right thumb, and all the subsequent fingers on that hand. Onto the left. Each finger was made to roll sideways a bit as I 'printed', to get the full range of marks. Then one more non-rolling thumb print on the right, and a 4-finger print too, then on the left, then... repeat the process two more times!! If it'd been coloured ink, I don't think I'd have mind doing it all day! I hope though, that the LSAT fingerprinting process won't be nearly as extensive, or I'll forget everything I need to know and play instead!

Mr. Lego Man
You know who I'm talking about! I found it hilarious that Mr. Harper's PR advisors must have put him in a circular patterned tie to offset the squarishness of, well, the rest of him. Pretty good debate yesterday, though English translation over spoken French was a little hard to follow at times, especially at the 4-person debate segments. Want to hear a little more about everything else besides health care tonight.

Mr. Weather Man
Come on, more rain!!! Bring on the thunder and lightning! I'll watch your allegy and pollen report if you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piss off the gods somehow!! That's the only way you'll get the fat-ass lightning bolts!

-karen

Joshua Wong said...

I love the closing remarks from the Bloc party asking Martin to use his last 60 seconds in closing to explain the Sponsorship Scandal. Yeah... like that was going to happen. Between the fact that he had his own platform to sell and also that he wasn't going to waste is 60 seconds on defending something that would take hours of debate I just wanted to see what Paul Martin's reaction would be. I could swear he was rolling his eyes and sighing just before his time started.

m_whiz said...

Yeah, Martin was rolling his eyes, alright. How about Layton's faux-indignation at his hand-held missile comment, and at not being taken seriously as an opponent. (sigh) High school debates are more coherent that the who-can-talk-louder segments.